Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Cooking With Cricut Challenge: Mother's Day Gift Ideas

Happy Wednesday and welcome to challenge day at Cooking With Cricut!  The Design Team was given the task of creating gifts for our Moms in honor of Mother's Day this Sunday, May 13th -- no cards allowed this time.

My Mom is the best!  She is smart, witty, an excellent cook, a gardener extraordinaire and just an all around amazing person.  Usually she is really easy to buy for -- anything for her garden.  However, she just hasn't had time to garden lately and I was given strict instructions NOT to spend ANY money on her this year.  "A card will be just wonderful!" she said.  (And I thought to myself, "That won't do -- I can't make a card for the challenge this week!"  LOL!)

So here is what I came up with . . .





I found this really cute template at Splitcoast Stampers and knew I HAD to make it for her.  I am going to put some of her favorite candy inside (chocolate, of course).  The green paper is from DCWV Cherry Limeade Stack.  (I "fussy cut" all of the pieces for the watering can.)

All of the other cuts are from the Cricut
Cake Basics cartridge and are from my scrap stash unless otherwise noted:

  • page 49, (bttrfly1) - cut at 1" h from plain white card stock.
  • page 49, (bttrfly2) - cut at 1" h from plain white card stock.
  • page 38, (plain shadow blackout feature) - cut at 3/4".
  • page  40, (plain shadow blackout feature) - cut at 3/4".
  • page 39,   (plain shadow blackout feature) - cut at 1/2".
  • page 39,   (plain shadow blackout feature) - cut at 1/2".
  • page 44, (plain shadow blackout feature) - cut at 7/8".
  • page 37, (base shadow blackout feature) - cut at 1 3/4" x 1 1/2" from plain white card stock.
The flower centers are clear/silver rhinestone brads by Recollections purchased at Michaels.  I think it turned out pretty cute and I know my Mom will love it!

Thanks for stopping by . . . now head on over to
Cooking With Cricut and see what the other Design Team members have cooked up.  And don't forget to link up your Mother's Day Gift idea this week -- you could be our next Top Chef!  


~ Jen

9 comments:

sillygirl said...

Carol will love this! It is just her! Again you have created a unique gift!!

sillygirl said...

WOW, CAROL WILL LOVE THIS! AGAIN AND AGAIN YOU CREATED UNIQUE GIFTS!

Linsey R said...

Jen your sweet Mom is going to flip her lid over this fabulous handmade gift!! She'll be in for a big surprise if she's really only expecting a card!! It's just marvelous, every detail so perfect and also sounds perfectly suited for your green thumbed Mama! :) She must be as wonderful as you claim because she has a most amazing, lovely, kindhearted, talented daughter--so I'd say that veggies aren't the only thing she produces so beautifully! ;) Big hugs and I got your note, so I reposted my card, thnx for that pass (gonna have a real "gift" idea up by 9am my time) Big hugs for a happy day and thanks for all the great inspriation! xoxo

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Jen the water bucket is so cute and love the paper you used. Decorating it with flowers and butterflies is perfect. I am sure your mom will cherish this.

Cricut Critter said...

What a wonderful present, your mother will love it.

Heather - Chickabug said...

This is amazing!! Especially to think that it's a 'no money' gift - it's practically cheating! ; )

Sarah said...

This is really cute! I like the paper/colors you used...thanks for sharing!

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Like the shaped watering can. I recently made a 3D wheelbarrow.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"

BlueCrayons said...

so cute. how did mom like it? i no i like it alot.

craftingwithblue @ gmail . com