Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Crafts With Cutters Challenge #125: Card Outreach

Good morning and happy Wednesday!  This week at MyPaperCrafting.com for our weekly "Crafts With Cutters" challenge the Design Team is creating cards for 4 year old Claire.  Claire was diagnosed with Ewing's sarcoma (bone cancer) in January of this year and she is this month's recipient at the "I Feel the Love" Project (IFTL).  To learn more about Claire and IFTL, please visit my teammate, Madison's blog.

Here is the card I created for Miss Claire:


The inside of my card says: "I'm cheering for you, Claire!"

And here's the recipe:

  • The card base is a purple cheetah print card stock by Recollections.  The mat is an embossed pastel purple from my scrap stash.
  • The card base and mat were cut using the Cricut "Just Because" Cards cartridge.  The card measures 5 1/2" wide by 8 1/2" high and then was folded in half.  The mat measures 4 3/4" wide by 4 1/4" high.
  • I used the Cricut Hello Kitty Greetings cartridge for my little cheerleader.  She is cut at 4" tall.  I used all scraps from my stash; including the holographic paper for her pom-poms.
  • Some self-adhesive gems complete this cute little card.
Thanks so much for stopping by!  Now head on over to MyPaperCrafting.com and see what the rest of the Design Team created for Claire!


~ Jen

6 comments:

Brenda said...

OMGosh Jen I almost did this exact card! lol Then at the last minute I changed my mind. I love this card and I love that you put that you are cheering for Claire in your sentiment! Hello Kitty is cute and is sure to bring a smile to little Claire's face! Hugs!

Sheena said...

Adorable shape card!

~Sheena

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

This will be a big hit I'm sure as my granddaughters love Hello Kitty. Love the purple cheetah print. So pretty together.

Sandy Palmer said...

I think your Hello Kitty card is just to cute! Love the sparkly pom-poms, and those added gems! Wonderful shaped card too! Claire is going to love it! :)

Lynn B. said...

She is going to flip over this! Purple and Hello Kitty, what little girl wouldn't..Really adorable.

Marie97 said...

Love your Hello Kitty! Cute card!