Wednesday, March 5, 2014

A "Fairy" Happy Birthday Card

I am pleased to be the featured Designer at the Paper Crafting World blog today -- and do I have some CUTENESS to share with you!  My youngest niece, Lexie, will turn five this month.  And Miss Lexie loves fairies!  When I spotted this adorable cutting file at PCW, I immediately new that the Butterfly Fairy cutting file set would be make an appearance on her birthday card.


Isn't she adorable!!  Here's my "recipe":

  • The completed card measures 8 1/2" x 5 1/2".
  • My pieced fairy measures approximately 6" tall.
  • All of the card stock is from a Recollections pack called "Soda Pop" except for the hair which is from my scrap stash.
  • The wings are cut from a holographic paper I purchased at Michael's.
  • Self-adhesive rhinestones, also from Michael's, adorn her headband and collar.  A snowflake rhinestone adds some sparkle to the end of my fairy's magic wand.
  • The patterned heart paper is also from my scrap stash and is VERY old!
  • Chalk and pen detailing complete this cutie pie.

I still find it a bit difficult to accept that the sweet-pea on the left is this beautiful big girl on the right (who, I might add, will be starting kindergarten this Fall).  Whaaaa!  I'm getting old!!  Happy birthday, sweet girl -- your Aunt Jen loves you to the moon and back!





















Thanks so much for stopping by and spending some of your crafty time with me today!  

~ Jen

1 comment:

Marie97 said...

Adorable card! TFS