Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Crafts With Cutters Challenge #123

It's another wonderful Wednesday!  Today at MyPaperCrafting.com the Design Team is celebrating that sweet little tooth snatcher -- the Tooth Fairy.  Did you know that there is a National Tooth Fairy Day?  Yep, this year it is being celebrated on February 28.  So here is my contribution to our "Things With Wings" challenge.


I created the 12" x 12" layout to commemorate my youngest daughter's first lost tooth.  Demi was so nervous about losing her first tooth and then the thought of someone sneaking in her room and taking something from under her pillow just about put her over the edge!  LOL!  That first tooth hung on for what seemed like forever!  Oh, the drama and tears!  I finally convinced her to let me touch it; but I had to count to three before I tried to wiggle it.  Well, when we hit two she pulled away and wanted me to stop.  Too late . . . POP, there was her tooth.  She didn't even know it was out!  

Then the drama continued at bedtime -- "No, Momma, I don't want it under my pillow!  I don't want that fairy in my room!"  She finally agreed to write a note to the Tooth Fairy and place it in an envelope, along with her tooth, and we stuck it on the outside of her bedroom door.  That sweet little Tooth Fairy totally understood and left Demi a note along with a very glittery dollar bill in the same envelope, taped to the outside of her door.  There must have been something really special in that glitter, because every tooth she's lost since then has promptly gone under her pillow!  (Or perhaps, it was the note -- the Tooth Fairy told her that the first lost tooth was very special and that she understood Demi was nervous; but the teeth she lost from that point forward would not be swapped for cash unless it was under her pillow.)




Here's the recipe for my layout:
  • 12 x 12 light green card stock by Bazzill.  The hot pink is by Recollections and all other papers are from my scrap stash.
  • The Tooth Fairy poem was found via Google search, author unknown.
  • The Tooth Fairy bear was created using the following PaperCraftingWorld.com cutting files:  Bear in Bikini (legs only) and Bear as QP Angel.  Finished size - 5 3/4" tall.  Ink, pen and chalk were used to embellish this cute little bear.
  • I used the Cuttlebug D'vine Swirls embossing folder on the wings and Stickles for that special fairy sparkle.
  • The tooth is from the Cricut Baby Steps cartridge (handbook, page 61) and is cut at 2" tall.  I used Stickles and a hot pink Gelly Roll pen to do the accents.
  • The text, brackets and photo mats are also from the Baby Steps cartridge.  The text is cut at approximately 1 1/2" tall;  the brackets are 4 1/4" tall; and the photo mats are cut at 7 1/4" x 5 1/5" and 6 1/2" x 4 1/2".  Rhinestones and a hot pink Gelly Roll pen were used for embellishment.
  • The toothbrush is from the Cricut Lite cartridge B is for Boy.  It is cut at 2 3/4" and is embellished with ink, pen, Stickles and some purple rhinestones.




Thanks so much for stopping by!  I hope you will take a moment and head on over to MyPaperCrafting.com and see what other "winged things" the Design Team created.  And make sure you check back on Thursday for our Tags 'n ATC Thursdaze and Friday for Digi Desserts Fridaze.  You'll also want to mark your calendar for Saturday, March 9 -- we're hosting a one-day "24 Carrot EGG-stravaganza Blog Hop."

~ Jen

4 comments:

Sandy Palmer said...

Wow Jen, I just LOVED reading how your daughter was nervous to have the tooth fairy come into her room! Beautiful story! Love your layout! What a awesome job you did on that toothbrush! Love that little tooth fairy bear too! Wonderful job on it all! :)

Larelyn said...

Such an adorable layout and I love the poem. What a great job you did with combining the cutfiles. You rocked this one!
Hugs,
Larelyn

Brenda said...

OMGosh Jen, this layout is just way to cute!!! I am so loving that poem and will have to remember it for my grandchildren, love your color combo and love all your die cuts! That fairy bear is just way to cute and I love that he/she is holding a tooth! Soooo stinkin' cute!!!

Sheena said...

So Cute! I love that little bear...so cute :)

Hugs, Sheena
Dew Drops & Glue Dots