Monday, February 4, 2013

Think Tink!

Good morning and welcome to my "magical" Monday!  I am the Designer in charge of this week's Cricut Cartridge Showcase at MyPaperCrafting.com and I chose to feature cuts from the Disney Tinkerbell & Friends cartridge.  There are so many wonderful cuts -- Tink and her pals, beautiful botanicals, butterflies, phrases and so much more.

Our sweet little niece, Kylie, just turned two and she LOVES Tinkerbell.  Her mommy asked if I would create some special party decorations that could later be used in her room.  I've had this cartridge for a little while and hadn't had the time or the courage to use it yet.  If you've ever done any cuts from Cricut's Disney cartridges you'll understand the "courage" part!  There are so many layers and so many itty-bitty pieces -- it can make you cross-eyed and very frustrated!  However, if you stick with it and remember that it's only paper, you can create some very magical pieces!

Here is what I made for Miss Kylie:

Tinkerbell
Fawn

























Iridessa
Rosetta


























Silvermist
All of the fairies measure between 11 1/4" and 11 1/2" tall.  I used iridescent Stickles to give their wings that special fairy shimmer and 3-D Crystal Lacquer for their eyes, lips and Silvermist's shoes.  And with the exception of the black base piece, all of the paper came from my scrap stash!

A birthday banner was also in order for Miss Kylie's party!


Here's the recipe:
  • Pennants - from the Cricut George & Basic Shapes cartridge; cut at 5 3/4" tall.
  • Letters - from the Cricut Storybook cartridge; cut at 3 1/2" tall.
  • Flower6 (on the right -- page 67) - cut at 3 3/8" tall.
  • Flower7 (on the left -- page 71) - cut at 3 1/4" tall.
  • All papers are from my scrap stash except for the white letters.  They are cut from a  holographic paper manufactured by Recollections.
  • Eyelets and white ribbon connect the banner pennants.
The last component for the party Dee and I created together -- the cake!  There was no Cricut involved in this cake -- but it turned out cute and was very yummy.


Now . . . back to the showcase!

I created this cute tag using the Flower9 cut on page 73.  


Here are the details:
  • Flower9 cut at 4" wide.
  • Leaf (page 70) cut at 3 1/4" wide.
  • Tag cut at 3 1/2" wide by 6" high from the Cricut Tags, Bags, Boxes & More cartridge.
  • Gold Distress Stickles were used for the center of the flower.
  • All papers came from my scrap stash.
  • The sunflower is pop-dotted and I used ink on the edges of the light yellow piece.
  • The stamp is by Stampin' Up!  copyright 1996.
  • Brown pen doodling and a piece of jute complete the tag.

And last, but certainly not least, I made this sweet little valentine for my 8 year-old daughter.


Here's the recipe:
  • My card base measure 5" x 7" and is plain white card stock.
  • The patterned paper is from the Target $1 bin -- 10 sheets for $1.00 and it's acid free!
  • Butterfly2 (page 52) cut at 5" wide.
  • The oval is cut at 4" wide and is from the Cricut George & Basic Shapes cartridge.  I printed the sentiment out from my computer.
  • All papers are from my scrap stash.
  • Iridescent Stickles and pen doodling with white and hot pink Gelly Roll pens.

Thanks so much for stopping by and checking out my showcase.  I hope you'll come back Wednesday and see what I've created for our weekly "Crafts With Cutters" Challenge at MyPaperCrafting.com.

~ Jen

3 comments:

Melinda Beltran said...

WOW my GF!!! You have definitely sprinkled some sweet fairy dust on my Monday!!! Your b-day decorations are amazing.....You are the bomb on the crafting dot com my friend! Thank you for sharing your talent with us time and time again :-)
-Melin

Sandy Palmer said...

Wow, wonderful showcase Jen! Gorgeous cake! I don't remember seeing it on My Paper Crafting!?!? Love that tag too! Great job on it all! :)
Hugs,
Sandy.

Charlotte said...

Jen, You have just blown me away with this showcase. There is lot of detail in these projects. I cannot imagine how much time it took you to create these. Oh, and the cake,,,FABULOUS!!
Charlotte