Friday, August 19, 2011

"I Feel the Love" Project for Kate

I'd like to share with you a card I made for the "I Feel the Love" Project. If you aren't familiar with IFTL -- it is a monthly challenge by Madison at Funky Cards to share some love with a person going through a difficult time.

June's recipient was a teacher at Madison's high school who is battling her second round of ovarian cancer. She collected 22 cards for Mrs. Pentoney. July's recipient was 3 year old Marley Moore and her family. Marley was diagnosed with a brain tumor in August 2009 and is currently battling a recurrence. Thirty-four (34) cards were created for Marley and her family last month.
 
August's recipient is is Kate McRae and her family. She is 7 years old, her older sister Olivia is 9, and her younger brother Will is 6. Kate is battling a rare form of brain cancer (sPNET) that was diagnosed in June 2009.  If you'd like to learn more about Kate and her journey, check out her web site at www.prayforkate.com.
 
I will make cards for the entire family before the end of the month, but today I'm sharing the card I made for Kate (here is the link to the card I made for her brother, Will).  All of the cuts are from the Hello Kitty Greetings Cricut cartridge and all of the paper is from my scrap stash.  I also added a little bit of bling to Kitty's umbrella -- I think the blue rinestones look like raindrops.


Here's the recipe:
  • Hello Kitty with Umbrella - cut at 4 3/4" tall.
  • Rainbow - cut at 1 3/4" tall by 2 3/4" wide.
  • Sun - cut at 2 1/2" tall by 2 1/2" wide.
  • Butterfly - cut at 2" tall by 2 1/4" wide.



If you are interested in creating a card for someone who needs a little love and encouragement -- please click over to Madison's blog and sign up. I promise it will be one of the best things you do today!
~ Jen

2 comments:

Madison said...

Jen, thank you for another adorable card!! Hello Kitty is always so cute. You really are the best. I appreciate your support. Your posts mean a lot to me. Thank you.
~Madison funkcyards.blogspot.com

Jean said...

Great card Jen.