Did you know that the week of Thanksgiving is always National Bible Week? I didn't! Makes sense, though, if you think about -- thanksgiving, thanks giving, giving thanks. Our challenge this week at Cooking With Cricut was to use a Bible verse or quote on our project.
One of my favorite passages comes from the book of Psalms, chapter 119, verse 105. This is a wonderful scripture in any Bible translation, I however prefer it in the King James version. My paternal grandmother taught me this verse when I was very young. She explained it to me this way: "If you allow God in your heart and follow his teachings, he will always light the path for you to follow. Then when you have dark times in your life, you won't get lost or ever be alone -- God will always be there to show you the way."
Here's the recipe:
- Card base is a forest/hunter green card stock cut to 7" by 10" and folded in half.
- The red mat is cut using "Just Because" Cards and measures 6 1/4" by 4 1/4"
- The white mat is also cut using "Just Because" Cards and measures 6 1/2" by 4 1/2".
- The lantern is from the Disney Princesses' "Happily Every After" cartridge and measures 3" tall.
- The holly branch is from the Joys of the Season cartridge and is cut at 1 1/4" tall.
- The text was computer generated.
- The metallic gold ribbon is some I purchased at Michael's several years ago.
Thanks for stopping by! Make sure you head over to Cooking With Cricut and see what the rest of the Design Team cooked up for you. I hope you link up your Bible verse or quote project this week -- you could be our next Top Chef!