It is Day 22 of the 25 Days of Christmas Crafting Showcase at CookingWithCricut.com and PaperCraftingWorld.com. Can you believe that it is already December 22nd? Have you checked everything off of your to-do list yet?
We've made it about halfway through ours --
- tree decorated - check
- house decorated - check
- outdoor lights up - check
- stockings hung - check
- presents wrapped - nope, not a single one
- baking finished - almost, two different kinds of cookies, Lemon Bread and Chocolate Turtle candies to make still (as a matter of fact, I'm probably baking while you're reading this!)
- gifts completed - almost, two to go.
Also on my to-do list was making my seven year old daughter a top to wear on Christmas Day. (She finally agreed to model it for me in front of our Christmas tree! )
This super cute "JOY" applique was cut using my Cricut and the Joys of the Season and Doodlecharms cartridges.
Here are the ingredients you need:
- Heat 'n Bond
- Assorted fabrics (I used "Fat Quarters" from the fabric store -- they are the perfect amount of fabric for little projects like these)
- Tiny jingle bells
- Gold seed beads
- Googly eyes
- A shiny red button
- Dimensional fabric paint
- Optional: sewing machine with coordinating thread
And here's the recipe:
- Stocking cut from Joys of the Season at 5 1/2" tall.
- Ornament cut from Joys of the Season at 3 1/4" tall.
- Reindeer cut from Doodlecharms at 4 1/4" tall.
- Iron Heat 'n Bond to the wrong side of your fabric.
- Place on cutting mat, fabric side down.
- Cut design -- I use "Medium" pressure and "Low" speed. I have a separate blade I use for fabric only and I always use a sticky mat.
- Remove paper backing and iron on shirt.
- Secure edges of design by sewing or using dimensional paint.
- Embellish -- the reindeer gets googly eyes, a shiny red button nose and a painted smile and antlers; the ornament has a painted hook and sewn on beads; and the stocking cuff is secured with paint and has tiny jingle bells sewn to the toe and the cuff.
Now head on over to CookingWithCricut.com and check out the other Designer's beautiful projects. Don't forget to leave a comment to be eligible for this week's prizes. Oh, and don't forget to download the amazing freebies Melin created for you!