Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Happy 2nd Birthday, Dylan & A Boy-Card

Our grandson, Dylan, is TWO today!  Happy birthday, sweet boy!  We love you!



And now for the boy-card . . . Recently my daughter had a birthday party to attend for her BFF and the BFF's older brother.  I always have such a tough time doing masculine cards.  However, my dear friend Charlotte gifted me with the Disney Best of Pixar cartridge not too long ago and it has some great "guy" images.  So here is the 5" x 7" card I made for Emma's brother, Josh.


Here is the recipe:

Best of Pixar -- 
  • Mr. Incredible cut @ 4 1/4" wide.
  • Sunbursts -- yellow cut @ 2 3/4" wide; red @ 2 4/4" wide; orange @ 5 3/4" wide.
  • POW! cut @ 3 1/4" wide
Cake Basics -- 
  • Frame cut @ 4 3/4" wide by 6 3/4" tall.
All papers were from my scrap stash.  The inside greeting was printed from my computer using Microsoft Publisher.


This was a fun card to make and the primary colors really pop off of the black background card.

Thanks for stopping by and make sure you check in tomorrow for this week's Cooking With Cricut Design Team challenge post.  This week we are saluting teachers!

~ Jen

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Happy, happy birthday to your grandson, Jen!! He's so absolutely adorable!! And the card is fabulous...I love the bright colors!! :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts