School days, school days, dear old golden rule days . . . Yes, it is that time of year again! We've been counting down the days at our house and the long awaited day is near. Monday is the first day of school and my 8 year old is very excited about being a third grader. Momma is excited that she is headed back to school, too . . . it has been a very loooooonnng summer. My daughter is one of those children that needs the structure and challenge that school offers; without it she gets entirely too "creative". LOL!
Today is our weekly challenge at Cooking With Cricut and we are headed "Back 2 School." Melin challenged the team to come up with some school-themed projects and here is what I created:
Wouldn't this make the cutest teacher gift! This cute little apple treat bag/box is from PaperCraftingWorld.com and is the perfect way to give your new teacher a sweet treat.
Here's the recipe for apple box:
- PaperCraftingWorld.com Apple Box cutting file. Cut at 8" wide by 10 3/8" high (pre-assembly dimensions).
- Cricut Lite Recess cartridge -- apple tag cut at 2 1/2" high.
- All papers are from my scrap stash; the ribbon is from Stampin' Up!; and I used some Studio G inks on the edges of the box, leaf and tag.
I also altered a composition book for my daughter to use for her class journal. Composition books are so easy to change up!
Demi picked out this drummer cut from the Rock Princess cartridge and chose her background paper. Then Momma got busy! Here's the recipe . . .
- Cricut Rock Princess cartridge -- drummer cut at 5" wide by 6 1/4" high (all from scraps).
- Cricut Mickey Font cartridge -- text cut at 1 3/4" high (all from scraps).
- The background sheet is a really old 12 x 12 paper I had and I have no idea who manufactured it.
- A few pen doodlings with a hot pink and white Gelly Roll pen and Miss Demi is ready to rock 3rd grade!
Thanks so much for stopping by . . . now head on over to Cooking With Cricut and see what my fellow Design Team members have cooked up!