Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Crafts With Cutters Challenge #124

Happy Wednesday!  Our CWC Challenge this week at MyPaperCrafting.com was to create anything Irish or St. Patrick's Day related.  St. Patty's Day isn't a big holiday for my family -- to the best of my knowledge there isn't a trace of Irish blood in my family tree.  Having said that, it is fun to celebrate the day -- wear green, talk with a fake Irish accent and pull Leprechaun tricks on my 8 yr. old!

Here is what I created for today's challenge . . .


After I made this card I realized that it reminds me of Skittles candies!  LOL!  Here's the recipe:

  • The patterned paper is by Colorbok and is from and 8 1/2" x 11" paper pack called "Sunny Day."  (I purchased it at Wal-Mart.)  I cut the strips 3/4" wide and 3" and 3 3/4" long.
  • The shamrock paper is from a Recollections paper pack called "Feathered Greens."
  • I used the Cuttlebug Musical Flourish folder to emboss the shamrock; it was cut at 2 1/2" tall using Cricut's Paper Doll Dress Up cartridge.
  • The white scalloped border was cut at 5 1/2" wide using the Cricut Sophisticated cartridge.
  • The grosgrain ribbon 5/8" wide and was adhered with Recollections red line tape.
  • The sentiment was computer generated.
  • I used some clear Stickes to give my shamrock a little bling.
I hope you'll head on over to MyPaperCrafting.com and see what the other Design Team members created!  Don't forget to join us tomorrow for our Tags 'n ATC Thursdaze and Friday for our Digi Dessert Fridaze.  We also have our "24 Carrot Egg-Stravaganza" Blog Hop this Saturday, March 9th -- there will be some freebies and giveaways  involved . . . you won't want to miss out!


~ Jen

8 comments:

Sheena said...

I love this card, it's so bright and cheery!

~Sheena
Dew Drops & Glue Dots

Brenda said...

I love this card Jen! And you are right, it does remind me of the Skittles candy, which I love!! lol A very happy and a great pick me up card with a different sentiment! Will have to remember this one and reproduce it!!!

Sandy Palmer said...

Jen, your card is just so bright and cheerful! It truly is a very happy card! :) Great job on it!

Janet Baldwin said...

Love the card. Bright colours and just the right touch with the shamrock!

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

Jen I love this card. It is such a fun way to add the rainbow colors to your card. Definitely keeping this idea in my idea file. You rock!

Marie97 said...

Love the bright colors !

Larelyn said...

I think this layout is so clever and I love the color and pattern choices. Great card, Jen.
Hugs,
Larelyn

Anonymous said...

Hi, Jen!
What a versatile card! Thanks for sharing it. I can think of zillions of uses for it!
Evelyn