Happy Wednesday! Our CWC Challenge this week at MyPaperCrafting.com was to create anything Irish or St. Patrick's Day related. St. Patty's Day isn't a big holiday for my family -- to the best of my knowledge there isn't a trace of Irish blood in my family tree. Having said that, it is fun to celebrate the day -- wear green, talk with a fake Irish accent and pull Leprechaun tricks on my 8 yr. old!
Here is what I created for today's challenge . . .
After I made this card I realized that it reminds me of Skittles candies! LOL! Here's the recipe:
- The patterned paper is by Colorbok and is from and 8 1/2" x 11" paper pack called "Sunny Day." (I purchased it at Wal-Mart.) I cut the strips 3/4" wide and 3" and 3 3/4" long.
- The shamrock paper is from a Recollections paper pack called "Feathered Greens."
- I used the Cuttlebug Musical Flourish folder to emboss the shamrock; it was cut at 2 1/2" tall using Cricut's Paper Doll Dress Up cartridge.
- The white scalloped border was cut at 5 1/2" wide using the Cricut Sophisticated cartridge.
- The grosgrain ribbon 5/8" wide and was adhered with Recollections red line tape.
- The sentiment was computer generated.
- I used some clear Stickes to give my shamrock a little bling.
I hope you'll head on over to MyPaperCrafting.com and see what the other Design Team members created! Don't forget to join us tomorrow for our Tags 'n ATC Thursdaze and Friday for our Digi Dessert Fridaze. We also have our "24 Carrot Egg-Stravaganza" Blog Hop this Saturday, March 9th -- there will be some freebies and giveaways involved . . . you won't want to miss out!