Saturday, November 30, 2013

In the meadow we will build a snowman . . .

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving and if you braved the stores, a safe Black Friday.  Today I'm sharing a couple of things I've made for my Girl Scout Troop's upcoming holiday party.  We have girls from different faiths and cultures, so a Christmas party just isn't appropriate.  So I thought I'd bring a little snow flurry to North Central Florida and create a "Winter Wonderland" for the girls.

These cute little water bottle treat holders from PaperCraftingWorld.com are so easy to cut and decorate.  I also used some of Melin's fabulous digi stamps to decorate them.



The treat holders are cut from light blue Recollections card stock; their unassembled size is 3 1/4" wide by about 10 3/8" tall.  I scored the fold lines and used some red line double-sided tape to assemble them.  Then I printed out the full color version of the snowpeople digis, attached them and added some turquoise stickles.

I used the same digis to create my "Snowman Soup" favors for the girls.


Here's the link to the digi stamps -- they are available in full color and black and white, for those of you who love to color your own -- (from left to right):  Snowgirl, Melt My Heart Snowgirl, Snowman v12 and Snowman HFS Sign (this was a freebie during last year's "25 Days of Christmas Celebration" and now is available only as a cutting file).  The topper was created using Microsoft Publisher software.  I simply imported the digis, added some Word Art and text, then printed and assembled.  Plastic treat bags from Michael's, a candy cane and a packet of hot cocoa mix -- so easy and so very cute!

Here is the poem that is on the back of the "Snowman Soup" topper:  


Thanks so much for stopping by and checking out my projects.  I hope you'll stop by PaperCraftingWorld.com and check out all of Melin's fantastic cutting files and digi stamps -- they are so easy to cut and use!

~ Jen

1 comment:

Sandy Palmer said...

Great idea Jen! Super cute too! I am sure they will go over big with the girls! :)
Hugs,
Sandy.