I am pleased to be the featured Designer at the Paper Crafting World blog today -- and do I have some CUTENESS to share with you! My youngest niece, Lexie, will turn five this month. And Miss Lexie loves fairies! When I spotted this adorable cutting file at PCW, I immediately new that the Butterfly Fairy cutting file set would be make an appearance on her birthday card.
Isn't she adorable!! Here's my "recipe":
- The completed card measures 8 1/2" x 5 1/2".
- My pieced fairy measures approximately 6" tall.
- All of the card stock is from a Recollections pack called "Soda Pop" except for the hair which is from my scrap stash.
- The wings are cut from a holographic paper I purchased at Michael's.
- Self-adhesive rhinestones, also from Michael's, adorn her headband and collar. A snowflake rhinestone adds some sparkle to the end of my fairy's magic wand.
- The patterned heart paper is also from my scrap stash and is VERY old!
- Chalk and pen detailing complete this cutie pie.
I still find it a bit difficult to accept that the sweet-pea on the left is this beautiful big girl on the right (who, I might add, will be starting kindergarten this Fall). Whaaaa! I'm getting old!! Happy birthday, sweet girl -- your Aunt Jen loves you to the moon and back!
Thanks so much for stopping by and spending some of your crafty time with me today!