Tuesday, May 10, 2011

By Request ~ "How Do I Love You" Poem

I was asked by several people if I would share the poem that I put in my daughter's star book I posted yesterday.  The author is unknown and I changed it up a bit  -- "we" instead of "I" and changed "unhurried" to "whirlwind" (Demi does nothing slowly, unless you want her to be quick!).

~ Jen


How Do I Love You?

How do I love you?
Let me count the ways;
I love you on your very best
And very worst of days.

I love to see you laughing
And dancing in the rain;
And even if you make a mess,
I love you just the same.

I love to hear you sing,
I love to see you smile.
I love the way you take each day
In your own unhurried style.

I'm happy when you're happy.
I'm sorry when you're sad.
And even though it may not show,
I love you even when you're bad.

I love to watch you sleeping,
Tucked away in dreams.
I love to hear you whisper
All your future hopes and dreams.

I love to watch you play
And all your silly ways.
I'm sure you'll never know
How much I love you more each day.

How do I love you?
It's impossible to say;
For if I had a million days
And time enough for all the praise
I couldn't tell you all the ways
I love you.

~ Author Unknown

2 comments:

Jean said...

Such a beautiful poem, thanks for posting it.

ibecircled.blogspot.com said...

Thank you Jen for sharing this Very Beautiful Poem! I have always Loved It!! And It looks like we are going to be in a hop together next weekend!! It is going to be my first so I hope that I get everything posted right!! TFS!!! See you soon!!

Rexann♥