Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Cooking With Cricut Challenge: Two Shades of Pink & a Cupcake or Cake Slice

Today is challenge day at Cooking With Cricut!  Melin is having a month-long blogaversary celebration and today our challenge features one of the most important components of any celebration . . .  CAKE!  The goal of today's project was to use two shades of pink and a cupcake or cake slice. There are tons of cupcakes, cakes and cake slices on variety of different cartridges.  I looked through a bunch of  different options using the search engine at MyCutSearch.com -- a fantastic tool for any Cricut lover -- and finally decided on the cupcake from Create-A-Critter (no surprise there, right!).

My daughter, Demi, is friends with the granddaughter of one of my Mom's friends.  (They are about a month apart in age.)  Caroline's birthday is this weekend and we are sending a present for her along with the cupcake card with her Grandma.  Caroline is every bit as much a girly-girl as Demi is; so I made her some hair clips and a Gator korker bow with a headband.

This cute little cupcake is a shaped card I created using Cricut Design Studio and CAC. I welded the cupcakes together at the top and then cut another solid cupcake. The closed card measures 5" tall.

All of the papers came from my scrap stash.  The card base is made with  Bazzill's Pinkini card stock.  I used some stickles on the cupcake and the cherry for some dimension and sparkle!

The sentiment on the inside of the card was stamped using a Hero Arts rubber stamp.

The gift bag flower and butterfly were "fussy cut" from some K & Co. scraps I had left over from my daughter's
star book project.  The "happy birthday" is cut at 4" wide and is also from Create-A-Critter (CAC).

I hope you'll join our sweet challenge and link up your own pink confection at Cooking With Cricut

Remember . . . your project must
follow the theme; it must be a new one created for this challenge -- please, no back dated posts; you must use your Cricut in some capacity; and you must HAVE FUN!

Don't forget to check in at Cooking With Cricut for Melin's "Every Day in May Blog-Aversary Celebration" -- each and every day a new project is showcased and a wonderful freebie!

Now head on over to CWC and check out the yummy pink treats my fellow Chefs have whipped up!!

1 comment:

Jean said...

This card is so cute!!