Happy Wednesday and welcome to Cooking With Cricut Challenge Day! Our Design Team studied hard for the
test task at hand! We were challenged this week to come up with a project that celebrated the end of school or a graduate. Since I have no one in my life that is graduating this year, I chose to do a layout for my 8 year old daughter. An end-of-the-year recap, so to speak, of her time in second grade.
Here is what I came up with:
Demi and I sat down and I did an "interview" about her favorite things in 2nd grade. I used the picture I took of her on the first day of school last August because, quite frankly, the professional school photo was awful! All of the papers used in the die cuts were from my scrap stash. The deep red 12" x 12" card stock is by Recollections. The black patterned strips are from my stash. The other two patterned papers are by Recollections -- "A is for Apple" and "Plain Notebook Paper."
Here's the recipe:
Locker Talk cartridge -
- School Bus cut @ 3 1/2" tall by 3" wide.
- Globe cut @ 2 1/2" tall by 1 3/4" wide.
- Paint brush cut @ 3 1/4" wide.
- Apple cut @ 2 1/2" tall by 1 1/2" wide.
- A+ cut @ 1 1/4" tall by 1 5/8" wide.
- Book cut @ 1 3/4" tall by 1 3/8" wide.
- "Recess" cut @ 1" tall by 4" wide.
- Laptop Computer cut @ 1 3/4" tall by 2 1/2" wide.
My World cartridge -
- Schoolhouse cut @ 3" tall by 2 1/8" wide.
Mickey Font cartridge -
- Text cut @ 1" tall.
- Tabbed Folder cut @ 7" tall by 5 1/2" wide.
Now it is your turn! Link up your "End of the School Year" or "Graduation" project at Cooking With Cricut and you just might be our next Top Chef! Head on over to CWC and check out what the rest of the Design Team whipped up. Thanks so much for stopping by!