Happy Wednesday! Our "Crafts With Cutters" challenge theme this week at MyPaperCrafting.com is "Wintry Outdoor Fun!" Melin tasked the team with creating a project featuring wintry outdoor fun, activities, scenery, etc.
If you're new to my blog let me fill you in on a well-known secret . . . I'm a THIRD generation FLORIDIAN (I have lived in North Central Florida all but 1 year and 6 months of my life). Our "wintry" outdoor fun is what most Northerners do on a Spring or Summer day -- we bike, hike, swim, work in the yard, etc. The white, cold stuff very rarely, if ever, makes an appearance here. I consider it a very bad day if it is cold enough for me to wear long pants instead of shorts. Now, having said that . . . we are currently under a freeze warning and there is a fire going in the fireplace! But it was fun to create this snowy scene.
This card is based on one I saw awhile back at Jana Eubank's web site. I loved the layout of her card and that little bird on the branch is just too cute. Here is my take on it:
And here is the recipe:
- My card base is kraft card stock and measures 5" x 7".
- The red and white polka-dot paper is by Recollections and measures 4 1/4" x 6 1/4".
- The strip of striped paper is from a DCWV paper pack and the brown mat underneath is Bazzill's basic brown card stock.
- The branch is cut from the same brown card stock, the snow and berries are cut from scraps. The cardinal's layers are all from my scrap stash, too.
- The branch and cardinal were cut using Cricut's Winter Woodland cartridge. The branch measures 5 1/2" wide and the bird is 2" tall.
- The circles were cut using the Cricut George & Basic Shapes cartridge and more scraps! The white circle measures 3 1/2" and the green patterned paper circle measures 3 1/4".
- The word "peace" was cut using the Cricut Joys of the Season cartridge at 3" wide and is from the same Bazzill card stock as the branch.
- Some rhinestones and pen stitching finish off this sweet card.
Now, it's your turn! Link up your wintry outdoor fun project for a chance at being chosen as this week's "Top Crafty Cutter!" Head on over to MyPaperCrafting.com and check out all the winter fun the Design Team created!
Thanks for stopping by!