Monday, June 17, 2013

Cricut Country Life Cartridge Showcase

I am pleased to be part of the Cartridge Showcase at MyPaperCrafting.com today!  We are featuring projects created using the Country Life cartridge.  I was truly surprised at the variety of elements available on this cartridge -- it's not just cows and crops!  This cartridge has six creative features including a banner, font and phrases. 

Here is what I created:

First up, a shaped card.  I used the Cricut Design Studio to weld two strawberries (pg. 56) together to create this bottom hinged card.



A piece of gingham ribbon, a button, embroidery floss and a white Gelly Roll pen added the finishing touches to this cute birthday card.  The inside text was created using Microsoft Word.  The finished card measures 5" wide by 4" tall.

Next up, a 5" x 7" card.   This cut is from page 72 in the handbook.  All of the papers are from my scrap stash except for the background paper.  I ran it through my printer and cut it to fit.  Some rubber stamp ink and pen doodles finished off this card.  I left the inside blank and will add this to my card stash.


We recently moved and I decided that our small galley kitchen needed a little bit of artwork to liven it up.  The old tired framed pieces that have decorated our previous kitchens just weren't doing the job any longer.  Time for a change!


The frames all need a fresh coat of paint and I didn't get the other three completed yet -- but its a start.  The background card stock is from an old paper pack by K & Co. called "Classic K Margo."  The blue is Bazzill's Splash card stock and the white is just plain old white card stock.  the rest of the papers are from my scrap stash.

The corn is from the Country Life cartridge (pg. 50) and the blue frame and lattice are from Cricut's French Manor cartridge (pg. 54).  I used some embroidery floss to create my corn silk.   Here's a close-up look at it --


To give the corn silk some color, I ran it across an Ancient Page ink pad called "Sandalwood."  It is also the same color I stipple brushed on the lattice to age it.  

The accompanying pieces will be peas (pg. 48), radishes (pg. 54) and carrots (pg. 55).  I can't wait to get them finished and hung up in the kitchen.  

Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you will head on over to MyPaperCrafting.com and check out the rest of the projects in the showcase.

~ Jen

2 comments:

Sandy Palmer said...

Wonderful showcase Jen! I especially love how you used the white gel pen to make certain strawberry pits stand out! :)

Marie97 said...

Great projects! Really love the strawberry. TFS