Sunday, June 16, 2013

Happy Father's Day!

To all those wonderful guys out there that are present and participating in their children's lives . . . HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!

My siblings and I were blessed to grow up with one of those dads.  Dad was our soccer coach, Den Leader and Cubmaster, part of Girl Scout Troop committees and even an assistant Girl Scout Leader once.  He chaperoned field trips, came to school and gave presentations on forestry, helped raise money for whatever fund raiser was being held, and drove us everywhere.  He even suffered through my viola practices and various concerts. 

Dad was the king of road trips.  He'd load us up with a cooler of sandwiches and drinks; a pile of 8-track tapes; his large repertoire of corny jokes and off we'd go.  Every summer growing up we could count on visiting various state parks and historical monuments.  There are many a photo of my siblings and myself straddling a cannon at some fort or battlefield.

Photo of Dad and me, circa 1975.

And as anyone who has traveled with kids knows, the inevitable question would come . . . "Are we there yet?"  Dad always answered, "Nope . . . 26 miles."  Now you need to understand something -- it could have been 200 miles to our destination  or 2 blocks -- the answer was always "26 miles."  So with that memory in mind, I made this card for my Dad.


I used the Cricut Crocs Rule (Lite) cartridge for the gators in the car and SCAL Arial Black for the text.  The background paper was a freebie I downloaded a couple of years ago and I added the "Are we there yet?" text on top and printed it out.  This card measures 5" x 7".  The car gators are cut at 6 1/2" wide.  The font is cut at 1" high.


The inside was computer generated.  The graphic is from Microsoft Publisher and I watermarked it on my paper and placed my text on top.

Happy Father's Day, Dad.  I love you!

~ Jen

No comments: