Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Card Class #3

It has been awhile since our card making group met.  With our move and the holidays we went on hiatus until after the first of the year.  I totally forgot to upload the pictures and share the creations from our third class that was held in late September with you.  The ladies decided they wanted to create two feminine birthday cards and they wanted to learn to rubber stamp and emboss.  Both birthday cards ideas came from the Splitcoast Stamper's website.  If you've never checked out their galleries or tutorials, click over and do so -- they are amazing!

Unfortunately, I do not have any cut dimensions or paper resources for you -- somehow my notes on this class got lost in the shuffle of moving.  Sorry!

This is our rubber stamped and embossed card.  The dove stamp is by DeNami Designs and is embossed with a gold ultra-thick embossing enamel and a "Winter Wonderland" embossing powder.  The pine cone is stamped in brown and clear embossed -- the tip was hit with a bit of detail gold powder.  The pine branch is embossed with a Topiary embossing powder and tipped with detail gold.   "Peace" was also embossed with detail gold.  The dove was stamped on a separate piece of paper, cut out and pop-dotted over the pine cone and branches.  It was matted on ivory and then on a hunter green folded card.  The inside is lined with an ivory parchment-like paper and has a Christmas sentiment stamped and embossed in gold.

 









The text circle and inside text were computer generated and then cut out.  I created the terra cotta pot in Cricut Design Studio and then trimmed the sides on an angle to look like a pot.  The flowers and leaves are from "Walk in My Garden" and were cut using papers from my scrap "stash."  The ribbon is not only decorative but helps hold the card inside the "pot."













This cutie of a cupcake is from Create-A-Critter.  The scalloped border is from either the Easter 2010 or Mother's Day 2010 cartridges -- can't remember which!  The inside was lined to give the pop up some stability and stamped.  The coil was hand cut and the cupcake and other embellishment is from a K & Co. "Cupcake" dimensional sticker set I purchased at Wal-Mart.

Sorry I am so sketchy on the details of these cards.  If I find my notes, I'll update this blog post with the details. 

Thanks for taking the time to look at our creations -- leave me a comment and let me know you were here!

No comments: