Welcome to the CookingWithCricut.com and PaperCraftingWorld.com Design Teams' June Blog Hop. Get ready for two days of great projects with each day showcasing different designers and projects. If you have come from visiting Mindy at Scrappy & Piggy then you are in the right place! If you would like to start at the beginning of the party, please head over to CookingWithCricut.com.
This month our hop theme is all about Birthdays! And when Melin discovered that my birthday fell on our scheduled Blog Hop she decided to drag me out from behind the scenes at CWC-PCW and put me in the spotlight (not a place I am too comfortable being). She then challenged our Designers to make birthday inspired projects with a “Jen” theme in mind. Here is what she said: Our go-to-gal is a die-hard Florida Gator Fan. So we decided to use elements on our projects that reflected our GATOR FOR LIFE Gal’s FANCY -- Florida, The Florida Gators and anything that would make you think of the Sunshine State.
When my 8 year old daughter, Demi, heard that the Design Teams were celebrating her Momma's birthday she decided she wanted to join the fun. After cruising all of the wonderful digi stamps at PaperCraftingWorld.com this is what she created:
The front of the card features the Princess Bear Standing digi and a digi Melin gave away in 2010 called Happy Birthday Circle. Demi decided to cut the heart off of the stick and add the birthday circle after she colored and blinged it up. The blue mat is cut at 5" wide by 8" tall using Cricut's "Just Because" Cards cartridge. The blue card stock and the orange-white polka dot papers are from my scrap stash.
On the inside we printed out the Happy Birthday Word Art digi and she added the heart from the Princess Bear. I think she did an awesome job and I love my orange and blue birthday card!
I made myself a birthday banner for our BBQ this afternoon . . . well, I make them for everyone else's birthday and I wanted one for mine, too! I also finished up the menu signs for the party (here is the one I shared on Wednesday).
Here's the banner recipe:
- Cupcakes -- cut at 5" high using the Cricut Create-A-Critter cartridge.
- Pennant and mat -- cut at 5 1/2" square (orange) and 4 1/2" square (white) using the Cricut "Just Because" Cards cartridge.
- Party Hat -- cut at 6" high using the Cricut Doodlecharms cartridge.
- The text was cut using Sure Cuts A Lot -- the font is Ravie and was cut at 3" tall.
- Orange card stock is from a 12" x 12" Recollections paper pack.
- The orange and blue patterned papers are from The Basics Paper Stack by The Paper Studio. The cherry is cut from a scrap from DCWV Cherry Limeade stack.
- I used some yellow stickles on the party hat to give it some glitter.
- The ribbon is 1/4" satin ribbon by Offray.
And here are the last two menu signs for today's party . . .
Here's the recipe:
- Text for both signs cut using Sure Cuts A Lot (SCAL) -- the font is AR Christy and was cut at 1 1/2" tall.
- The glass of Lemonade and the Ice Cream Sundae were cut using "Just Because" Cards. They both measures 4 1/2" tall.
- All of the papers are from my scrap stash.
- I inked the edges and did some doodling.
Thanks so much for joining the birthday fun and helping me celebrate my special day! And a HUGE thank you to to my dear friend, Melin, and the awesome CWC and PCW Design Teams -- I am truly blessed by your love, encouragement and friendship.
I'm the caboose on this party train, but make sure you head over to CWC and leave a comment for a chance to win some great blog candy! And you'll want to come back and join us tomorrow for a second set of Designers and lots more birthday fun!!