Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Cooking With Cricut Challenge: Thanksgiving Card

This week our challenge at Cooking With Cricut was to create cards for the "I Feel the Love" Project founded by our teammate, Madison.  This month's outreach is to the residents of Surrey Place Care Center in Live Oak, Florida.  Madison hopes to receive enough Thanksgiving cards for each of the residents at Surrey Place.  Please click on the links for more information about the "I Feel the Love" Project and Surrey Place Care Center.

I found these beautiful canvases online and "scraplifted" the look for my cards.  Here is what I created:


And here is the recipe:
  • Cricut's Celebrate With Flourish cartridge:  Turkey, Cornucopia, and Pilgrim's Hat each cut at 4" wide (all papers from the scrap stash).
  • Cricut's Fabulous Finds cartridge:  text frame cut at 3" wide.
  • The cards measure 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" and are a rust-colored card stock.
  • The mats for each card measure 5 1/4" x 4".  The 12" x 12" paper is by Recollections and is called "Script Cream."
  • The ribbon is 3/8" wide grosgrain from Michaels.
  • I used 3-D Crystal Lacquer on the flourishes to make them stand out.
  • Shading was done using rubber stamp ink pads.
Now it's your turn!  Link up your Thanksgiving card at Cooking With Cricut for a chance at becoming our next Top Chef.  I hope you'll join us and link up your card at "I Feel the Love" and brighten the day of one the Surrey Place residents.

~ Jen

2 comments:

Suzanne cricutcraftingrammyblogspot.com said...

All great cards. Love the Celebrate with Flourish cuts and you did an awesome job with all the cards.

Jessica Kubit said...

Gorgeous cards Jen! I love that background paper and the cuts you did.
Jessica