Saturday, October 6, 2012

It's Smorgasbord Saturday!

What is "Smorgasbord Saturday" you might ask?  It is anything-goes-Saturdays, twice a month at Cooking With Cricut.  It can be anything -- Cricut cuts, digi stamps, cutting files . . . anything crafty that is over the top or out of the box!  (You know -- anything but a card!)

I saw these cute little hay bales at Michaels not too long ago and knew they would figure in somewhere around the house in our Fall decorating.  I used two of Melin's super cute cutting files from PaperCraftingWorld.com and the Cricut Create-A-Critter cartridge.  The best thing of all -- all of the paper came from my scrap stash!!  That's right, no full sheets of cards stock were harmed in the creation of this decoration.  

Here is what I created:



And here is the recipe:
  • Cutting files from PaperCraftingWorld.com -- Scarecrow Boy Sitting, assembled size 6 1/2" tall and Crow #1 from Crows, Silly Crows Set, assembled size 2 1/4" tall.  I created "backs" for both items and hot glued them to wooden skewers so they would sit up on the hay bale.  I used mini-pewter brads for the overall and cuff buttons; shading was done using rubber stamp ink pads; details added with various pens and markers.
  • Pumpkins - instructions can be found all over the web for these cute little paper pumpkins (I got mine from MarthaStewart.com.).  The paper strips measure 1" wide by 6" long; there are twelve of them for each pumpkin.  The leaves were cut at 2 1/2" wide using the Cricut Create-A-Critter cartridge.  The vine curlicues were created with 1/4" wide strips of scrapbook paper; I wound them around a pencil to make the curls.



I have one more hay bale and Melin's Scarecrow Girl Sitting will grace it as soon as I get a chance to put her together! 

These little decorations turned out soooooooooo cute!!!  My Mom has claimed them for her Garden Circle meeting later in the month and my 8 year old has already said she's taking them for her class' Fall party!

Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful weekend.

~ Jen

3 comments:

Glenda said...

Wonderful Fall decorations! Love the scarecrow and crow! The pumpkins are so cute. Thanks for sharing the link- I must try that!
Glenda

Georgia Ehrmann said...

So very CUTE! I Really like the way you made it into a tablescape scene. So very pretty
Hug
Georgia

Dana Johnson said...

This is so cute but where did you get the small bail of hay??
Thanks
Dana