Wednesday, November 7, 2012

My Paper Crafting Challenge: Anything Goes

It's another wonderful Wednesday!  And if it is Wednesday, you know that its challenge day at My Paper Crafting!  The Design Team was tasked with using something old from their scrap/craft supplies stash and the theme is "Anything Goes."

Here are two birthday cards I created using paper from my stash and some brads and jute that I've had for forever.  The first card was designed by my 8 year old daughter for her Grandpa's birthday.  He loves sweets just as much as she does!

I used the Cricut Birthday Bash cartridge for the sundae and the inside sentiment.  The "happy birthday" is from the Create-A-Critter cartridge.  We used some 3-D Lacquer to add some shine to the cherry, sprinkles and the spoon handle.  Some ink and pen doodling complete this yummy card.





Next up is the card I made for my step-Dad.  I don't know about you, but I struggle sometimes to make masculine cards.  However, this one was quite easy and I like the way it turned out.  I used the Cricut George & Basic Shapes cartridge for the stars and the tag.  




The papers used on both of these cards has been sitting in my scrap stash for quite some time.  The brads and jute on the second card have also been hanging around the craft cabinet for ages.  The "Happy Birthday" stamp is one I purchased in the early to mid 1990's -- I think that qualifies for something old, don't you! 

Thanks for stopping by and taking a look at my "Anything Goes" projects.  I hope you'll join us and link up your project at My Paper Crafting for a chance at being this week's top "Crafty Cutter".  Head on over and check out what the other Design Team members created using their stash!

~ Jen

No comments: