Happy Wednesday! Today is "Love Your Pet" Day at MyPaperCrafting.com. The Design Team has created projects that reflect their love of pets. I love all animals (except snakes!), but cats are my favorites. We are currently owned by a fluffy grey cat named "Tucker." Yes, owned. Dogs have owners, cats have staff!
We adopted this cute little fur-ball last August from our local Pet Smart. I made the mistake of going with my Mom on a "quick run-thru" for some dog food for her pups on a Adopt-A-Thon weekend. This little guy was in the first cage we passed and he reached out and grabbed me as I went by. It was love at first sight!
He was tiny, fuzzy and had way too many toes. (I have a special place in my heart for poly dactyl kitties. The sweetest cat I was ever owned by was a poly and he ruined me for regular-toed cats. LOL!) Needless to say, after holding this sweet boy and having him cozy up under my chin, it was all over except for the paper work.
Tucker is almost a year old now; he's no longer tiny; he has long beautiful grey fur and he has more toes than we originally thought. And he is a Mama's boy through and through. He still loves to cozy up under my chin and his purr is so loud I often have to turn up the volume on the TV. Yep. I love my cat!
Anyway . . . I wanted to add Tucker to the family scrapbook, so here is his kitten layout.
Here's the recipe:
- The collar at the top of the page is a strip of card stock cut at 1" high x 12" wide.
- The paw prints are from the Cricut Lite Meow cartridge. they are cut at 1" high.
- The journal tag is also from the Meow cartridge. It is cut at 2 1/4" wide.
- The metal buckle is by Momenta.
- I frequently call Tucker my "PurrBaby" -- so that phrase was a must on this layout. The "purr" is from the Cricut Lite Four Legged Friends cartridge and is cut at 1 1/8" high. "Baby" is from the Cricut Alphabet cartridge and it is cut at 1 1/2" high.
- The text at the bottom of the page is also from the Circut Alphabet cartridge. It is cut at 1 3/4" high.
- The sleeping kitty is from the Cricut Four Legged Friends cartridge and is cut at 2 3/4" high.
- The colored card stock is by Recollections and is from the "Cool Water" paper pack.
- Some chalk and pen doodling complete this layout.
Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope you'll head on over to MyPaperCrafting.com and check out the rest of the Team's projects. And then create your own pet-themed project and link it up -- you have two weeks -- you could be our next "Top Crafty Cutter!"