Monday, February 14, 2011

Happy Valentine's Day!

I hope you all are enjoying a day with your sweetie or at least a day filled with sweet treats!  A few more Valentine projects to share . . . whilst I have been playing in my craft room with the Cricut my better half has been playing in the kitchen.  I make my sweet treats out of paper (no calories), Dee makes sweet treats with eggs, flour, sugar . . . well, you get the idea!

Our first grader decided she wanted to give her classmates Tootsie Roll Pops with their valentine cards this year.  So her crafty Momma got to thinking (gets me in SO much trouble sometimes) why not make the Tootsie Roll Pop an integral part of the design. 

In my wanderings on the web I stumbled across these really cute butterfly valentines at Skip to My Lou -- perfect!  Only I didn't relish hand cutting eleven butterflies, so tada . . . Cricut to the rescue!  There is the cutest butterfly on the Sesame Street Friends cartridge - it even has heart cut-outs on its wings.  I managed to get six on a 12" x 12" piece of Bazzill card stock, added a little bit of glitter, punched two holes, added a valentine's greeting and the Tootsie Roll pop and called it DONE! 

Now, what was I going to do for the six little boys (who I'm sure are not into pink butterflies)?  Well as I was cruising through our Cooking With Cricut Sweet Shop Blog Hop this weekend I saw these cute little lollipop holders that Michelle at Purple Monkey Moments used for her daughter's valentine treats.  SCORE!  These would be perfect for the boys!  I added a little dinosaur from the Create-A-Critter cartridge and the sentiment on the back -- DONE! 

Now for the teachers and office staff . . .  Dee made yummy heart-shaped brownies, decorated them with some royal icing and a few sprinkles then we bagged and tagged them.  The postage stamp shaped card is from the Create-A-Critter cartridge and measures 2 3/4" x 3 3/4".  The patterned paper is one I picked up at Michael's earlier this month -- sorry I don't remember who the manufacturer is.  Then I added a little greeting on the back, punched a hole in the corner and we tied them to the brownie treat bags -- DONE!

Two dozen vanilla confetti cupcakes with pink buttercream icing, sprinkles and candy are also headed to school today.  So it is safe to say that we have done our fair share to sugar up Demi's multi-age class! 

Oh, yeah!  There are also two giant heart-shaped chocolate chip cookies headed to her Girl Scout troop meeting tonight.

Sending you sweet wishes for a very happy Valentine's Day!

~ Jen

P.S.  I'll see you back here on Wednesday for our weekly Cooking With Cricut challenge  . . . if I've managed to survive the sugar-induced coma caused by all of the sweet smells wafting through our house.

No comments: