Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Cooking With Cricut Challenge: Father's Day

Our challenge this week at Cooking With Cricut was to whip up a Father's Day treat!  I have been a card-making fool this week -- with a Dad, Step-Dad and Father-in-Law all to create for. 
First up . . . Grandpa you're DINO-MITE!  This card measures 8 1/2" high x 5 1/2" wide.  The base card is plain white card stock and the mat is a patterned paper from my stash and it measures 8 1/4" x 5 1/4".  Here are the cartridges used and sizes --

Create-A-Critter:  Dinosaur cut at 3 1/2" high; Dino mite cut at 2 7/8" high; Star burst mat cut at 5" x 5"

"Just Because" Cards:  "you're" cut at 1 3/8" high

Calligraphy Collection:  Happy Father's Day (inside card) cut at 3" high

Mickey Font:  "Grandpa" cut at 1 1/4" high

Chalk, ink and some pen detailing finished off this super cute card.  I loved the way this turned out so much that I did a variation of it with different papers for my daughter's Papa and Gramps, too!

Next up . . . a Train Card.  My Dad loves trains.  For as long as I can remember we've always had a train running under our Christmas tree and one frequently taking up residence on the dining room table.  My Dad's life-long dream has been to have a "train room" -- one room dedicated to his collection, with room for permanent lay-outs and all of his train stuff.  Now that all my siblings have flown the coop, married and started their own families, he finally has space and has started construction.

The card measures 5 1/2" square and is made from a Bazzill card stock.  My World is the only cartridge I used on this card.  The train is cut at 4 1/4" wide.  I added some detailing with pen and then "antiqued" it a bit with a brown ink pad.  The blue strips are cut at 5 1/2" wide x 1/8" high.  The Kraft colored mat is cut at 5 1/2" wide x 3 1/2" high.  The pocket watch stamp is by The Moon Rose, Yaphank, NY.

Top Dog card.  This card is for my dog-loving Step-Dad.  Stan has two beautiful golden retrievers named Max and Moe.  They are affectionately referred to as "The Boys."  The card base is a 5 1/2" square Kraft card stock.  Here are the cartridges and cut sizes --

Easter 2010:  Blue mat cut at 5" and salmon mat cut at 4 1/2".

Create-A-Critter:  Crown cut at 1 1/2" high.

Doodlecharms:  Dog cut at 3 1/2" high.
The paw and bone rubber stamps are by Stamp Craft, San Rafael, CA.  The inside sentiment was printed from my computer.  Some chalk, pen detailing and a few gems finish off this card.

I have one more card to finish and then I'll post it for you.  I'll give you a hint of what is to come though . . .  my Father-in-Law loves Westerns -- Gunsmoke, Bonanza and anything with John Wayne!

Thanks for taking a look at my Father's Day creations.  I hope you'll  link up your Father's Day project at Cooking With Cricut!  Hop on over and take a look at what the rest of the Design Team whipped up!

~ Jen

P.S.  I have entered my cards in the following challenges: 

Whimsical Wednesday Father's Day Challenge
Crazy About Cricut's Thankful Thursday Challenge
My Craft Spot's Monday Challenge

22 comments:

Dalis said...

you are aware, you are going to make me go check my calligraphy cartridge now to see what else is in there.

-- dalis

Jean said...

Love all of these cards!

GiGi said...

Very cute cards! I love the cute images! Thanks for playing at Whimsical Wednesdays!

The Archiving Angel said...

What a fun bunch of cards! Each one is different but so pretty. They all have such nice details.
Great job with the challenge.
Thanks for joining Whimsical Wednesday.Crafty best wishes,
Sonia

Dr Sonia S V said...

Such sweet creations. I love the doggy!
Cheers from Bangalore ,India
Dr Sonia S V
http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

L.B. said...

What fun fun cards! Great work on all. I am stipping in form the link up party

Maria Elena said...

What a great cards Jen... as always !
Thanks for playing this week with us.
~Maria Elena~ CWC DT
http://mariaelenaworld.blogspot.com/

Joy said...

Aww...what a precious card...that lil dino is so cute and I love the doggy card...he made me smile !Thanks for playing along this week at My Craft Spot !
Joy

Cindy Beland said...

This cards are awesome for Father's day!Super job with all of your beautiful project!Thanks so much for playing along at Whimsical Wednesday!!!:)

Laura Evangeline said...

I love each and every one of these!

Charlotte said...

Jen, i am lovin all three of these cards. Why, they are DINOMITE!!!! I am going to have to make a"top dog" card for my daddy from my dogs. He will love it. thanks for joining Whimsical Wednesday.

Sentimental Scrapper said...

Soooo cute! Love all of your cards! You have been busy! Thanks for joining the fun at My Craft Spot!

Kimberly

Jean said...

Hey Jennifer,

I have a blog award for you over on my blog. :)

jennyplace2 said...

OMG! You have been busy. So many great cards, hard to pick a favorite, but I really really love the Top Dog card. Thanks for joining the challenge at My Craft Spot.

scrapbookertink said...

Wow, love your cricut designs, have just bought one and so need to play!

Kate said...

These are such super cards! I especially like the Doodlecharms' dog with a crown. What a fun idea!
Thanks so much for playing along with us at My Craft Spot!
Kate
Small Bits of Paper

crazyaboutcricut said...

Woollike! These are some great cards! Thanks so much for joining in the thankful thursday challenge!

crazyaboutcricut said...

Woollike! These are some great cards! Thanks so much for joining in the thankful thursday challenge!

Amy C said...

These are sooo cute!! Thanks for playing along with us this week at My Craft Spot.

Hugs,
Amy
Scrapping Mommy

Patti said...

What wonderful cards. I bet they loved them!

callahancountrybugs.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Wow you have been busy. One card is cuter than the next. Love all the cuts you used on each one. I really love what you did with the puppy from the doodlecharms cart. Those cuts can be so plain but you added so much character to it. Just love it. Sorry it took so long for me to get over to you. We have not had any internet. Thank you for playing along with us at Whimsical Wednesdays.

Paper Panther and Rayna said...

I just love all your awesome cards!! The dino is adorable, the train card is great with those clock images, and the crown on the dog is a really fun idea!! Thanks for playing along with us for Thankful Thursday at Crazy about Cricut!

♥ Rayna
http://purplepeepstechniques.blogspot.com