Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Cooking With Cricut Challenge: Use Tangerine or Yellow

Happy National Gingersnap Day!  Our challenge this week at Cooking With Cricut was to use these pictures for inspiration:













And use two of the following colors:  Tangerine, Yellow, Cream - Vanilla, Ginger - Brown, Green, and Kraft, White or Black as accents.

I created an autograph book for my daughter to take to school for her friends and teachers to sign during the last week of class.  She is part of a multi-age program and the 2nd graders in her class are "graduating", so I know she'll want to have them sign her little book.  And her teacher is getting married and moving to South Florida -- so of course she'll have to sign it too!  Demi's school mascot is a tiger -- however, there are no cute tigers on any of the cartridges I own, so T - I - double G - ER to the rescue! 



The book cover is mat board that I cut on my Cricut with the deep cut blade.  I then covered it with a scrapbook paper called Tangerine Tonal Stripe by Rob & Bob Studios - ProvoCraft (c) 2002.  The inside cover is covered with Chuck E Cheese Collection Stripe by Blue Sky Designs (c) 2004.  The pages are white card stock.  Both were cut using the Tags, Bags, Boxes & More cartridge.  The white lined paper is a freebie that I printed.  The text is from the Mickey Font cartridge and is cut at 1/2" high.  Tigger is cut at 4" wide and is from the Pooh Font cartridge.  The yellow ribbon with the orange stitching is from Michael's.



The "1st grade" sign is from the Locker Talk cartridge and is cut at 3 3/8" wide.  My daughter's name was cut from the Pooh Font cartridge at 3/4" high. 

There are approximately 15 pages in this autograph book.  I used cuts from Doodlecharms, Locker Talk, Hello Kitty Greetings and Sesame Street Friends cartridges to decorate the pages.  Making sure to leave plenty of room for the Kindergarten, 1st and 2nd graders to sign their names.




Thanks for stopping by!  Hop on over to Cooking With Cricut and see what the other Design Team members were inspired to create.  And I hope you'll link up your own Gingersnap-inspired creation!  You could be this week's "Top Chef!"

~ Jen

6 comments:

My 3 E Scrapbooking said...

Awwww!!! This is such an awesome project Jen and so cute! I'm need to make one of these! Thanks for the inspiration!

Jean said...

Great book!

Judy said...

Really cute book Jen. I hope you have a wonderful day.
Judy

Lisa R. said...

This is a cute idea! Love these little shaped books and albums. Thanks for the inspiration.

Kate said...

What a super mini album - and such a perfect book for autographs! I think Tigger is just the right tiger for an elementary book!

Faith Abigail Designs said...

I just wanted to let you know that we've featured you're sweet, Tigger autograph album on this week's edition of Fantabulous Friday on the Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Blog! Congrats on a wonderful project!