Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Cooking With Cricut Challenge: Pick Your Poison

It's Wednesday!  And that means it's Cooking With Cricut challenge time!  Melin's challenge to the Design Team this week was to use our favorite cartridge and our favorite color -- "pick your poison."

Paper Doll Dress Up and Everyday Paper Dolls are two of my all-time favorite cartridges.  I use them more than any other cartridge I own -- except maybe Create-A-Critter!  Those of you who have been "following" my blog for awhile will recall that I have made a perpetual calendar with a changeable 12" x 12" topper.  So I created a "June" topper for my calendar (here are links to March, April and May's toppers) using my favorite cartridges.  See if you can guess what my favorite color is!



All of the paper, with the exception of the 12" x 12" Bazzill Splash, are from my scrap stash.  Here are the cuts by cartridge:

Paper Doll Dress Up ~  Palm Tree cut at 7 1/4" tall.  Dolls cut at 4 1/2" tall with clothing and accessories cut to fit.

Everyday Paper Dolls ~  Waves cut at 12" wide.  Sandy beach cut at 12" wide.  Clouds cut at 1/2" tall and 1 1/2" tall.  Sandcastle cut at 1 1/2" tall.  Shovel and bucket cut at 1 3/4" tall.
 
Cindy Loo ~  Text and shadow cut at 2" tall. 
 
Chalk and various pens added the finishing touches.

So have you guess what my favorite color is yet?  I used five different shades of it!  If you guessed . . . .

BLUE . . .

then you guessed correctly!  Of course I'm kind of partial to orange, too!

Thanks for stopping by and checking out my project.  I hope you link up a project with your favorite cartridge and color at Cooking With Cricut ~ you could be this week's Top Chef! 

I hope you'll pop on over to Cooking With Cricut and check out the rest of the Design Team's projects.  Have a great week!

~ Jen



4 comments:

Roberta Guditis said...

Love all the little detail!


Roberta, fellow CWC Designer
Www.txscrappermom.blogspot.com

{Raechel} said...

love the layout! I also really like the idea of the calendar!
TFS~Raechel
http://raechelscards.blogspot.com/

Judy said...

This is so cute! I love it! Have a great weekend:)

Maria Elena said...

Adorable !! Great details.
Thanks for commenting in my blog;
Have a great Monday ;)
~Maria Elena~
http://mariaelenaworld.blogspot.com/