Thursday, June 23, 2011

Jen's Birthday Bash: Day 4

"They say its your birthday . . ."  And today is the day . . . I am now officially one year older!  Welcome to Day 4 of my week-long birthday card bash.  Thanks for stopping by!

I could think of no better way to celebrate than with a week-long celebration with my bloggy buddies! A different card each and every day and a small piece of blog candy, too. And at the end of the week . . . a special gift drawn by random.org from all the party-goers!

Today's card was made for my sister-in-law, Brooke, who's also a June baby.  The card base is white card stock and measures 5 1/2" square.  The mat is 5" square and like all of the other papers I used, came from my scrap stash.

I only used one cartridge on this card -- can you believe it?!  Create-A-Critter had everything I needed to create this cute little pink owl.
Here's the recipe:

Owl cut at 3" high.

Branch cut at 5" wide.

Balloon cut at 1 1/2" wide.

"Hoot" cut at 2 7/8" wide.

Some googly eyes, a piece of ribbon, some bling and a little pen doodling finish off this card. The "happy birthday" on the balloon was rubber stamped with orange ink. The stamp is from a set of six different sayings that I purchased at Wal-Mart years ago. 

The sentiment on the inside of the card was computer generated (except for "HOOT").

You can't have a birthday without some presents! So each day this week, Monday through Friday, there will be a little blog candy for you to win. And then at the end of my birthday bash there will be a grand prize winner drawn from all the participants during the week. The comments section for each day will stay open until 10:00 a.m. EST on Monday, June 27th. Winners for each day and the grand prize winner will be announced later that day.

To be eligible for the prizes please be a follower of my blog and leave a comment with your e-mail address. You can increase your chances, of course, by commenting on each day's post. Today's blog candy is clear stamps by Autumn Leaves - a mini set of 4 ladybugs and a heart within a heart . 

Thanks again for stopping by and helping me celebrate my birthday!



~ Jen


11 comments:

Amanda said...

This is SUPER cute!! Love the owl!

amandawoodau at hotmail dot com

Scrappin Rabbit Designs said...

Adorable card! You're owl turned out so cute. already a follower.

Tami
http://scrappinrabbitdesigns.blogspot.com
tamimatheson at hotmail dot com

Jean said...

That owl is too cute and I love the ribbon.

Bunnyfreak said...

Love the pen lines on the edges.

Stacey's Creative Corner said...

Oh my gosh! This is so cute! I love how you did the balloon string!

Lisa R. said...

I think my new favorite animal is this owl! Great job. TFS joy4umetoo at hotmail dot com

Kelly S said...

Happy Birthday!!! Hope it's a great one. Your owl is adorable. I especially love the googly eyes.

Kelly
http://kellyscraftylife.blogspot.com

teachermom said...

Create a critter is my FAVORITE!

Linda said...

I love your card..soooo cute!!

http://lindascraftcorner.blogspot.com

Cathy said...

Gotta love those "critters"")

nice job on the card.
mexicopetshop at hotmail dot com

Angela said...

Love the card! So cute! Happy Birthday again! Hugs, Angela
lauermaa at gmail dot com