Welcome to Day Eight of MyPaperCrafting.com's 3rd Annual 25 Days of Crafting Showcase! Each and every day from December 1st through December 25th the 25+ Design Team members will be bringing you tons of holiday inspiration, daily freebies and weekly giveaways.
Our theme today is: Candles & Lights. Here is what I created:
Here are the details:
- The Cricut Inspired Heart cartridge was used for both of my projects today.
- For the luminary I used the star panel and cut it at 5" tall -- I welded 4 panels and a thin rectangle tab using Cricut Design Studio. The finished luminary, before assembly, is 11 1/4" wide x 5" high. I backed it with a patterned vellum.
- The card is made from the "left-overs" from the luminary cuts!
- I cut two mats -- the gold arched panel measures 3" wide be 5 1/4" tall; the green measures 3 3/8" wide by 5 3/8".
- The deckle edge of the paper was inked and then coated with gold embossing powder.
- I stamped a background behind the star using a Rubber Stampede "Sayings Background" and embossed it in gold too.
- The text was created using my computer.
Here is a photo of it lit up with a battery-powered tea light. Love the way the patterned vellum looks!
Now I hope you'll head on over to MyPaperCrafting.com and check out what the other Designer's have created. And make sure to mark your calendars and check back in with us each and every day through Christmas for tons of inspiration, freebies and weekly giveaways!